Welcome

We are the owners of a 1.4 hectare block of land on the Central Coast.

The site includes areas of rainforest which have been badly overrun by non-native plants. Our project is to restore the rainforest and to build an environmentally sustainable house on the site.

This blog records the bush regeneration work we are undertaking and the progress on building the house.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Photos from week starting 25th April

I said last week that I wasn't going to predict what would happen this week.  I think it was a wise decision because given that for the three working days it rained almost continuously, virtually nothing was done (that I could see when I visited on Saturday).

However, the big news is that the container of windows and doors has finally cleared customs, been fumigated and will be delivered tomorrow morning at 7am.  Because the container is 40 feet long and is over 2.5m high it would not be possible for the truck carrying to access the site.  Therefore, the container is going to be delivered to an industrial unit on a business park at Somersby Falls to the West of Gosford where we can store them.  (When the truck arrives we have two hours to unpack the container before I start to pay additional transport fees). The builder can then transfer the windows and doors on a smaller truck to the site for storage in the garage until there are ready to install them.

I am excited and nervous in equal measure.  This is the culmination of 11 months of communication and work between myself and Westcoast Windows.  I hope that nothing goes wrong.

The valley gutters have been installed

A soffit panel has been installed on the canopy outside the garage

No comments:

Post a Comment